If you clicked on the title of this article, there is a prety good chance that your digital marketing is not delivering the results you thought it would. Another reason you may have clicked on this article is because you are tired of seeing your competiton showing up in all the right places with the right message at the right time and your not even sure how they are doing it.
Truth is, doing digital marketing well is no easy task, especially when you consider how many diferent technologies and channels you have to keep up with, let alone the fact that they all seem to change every 60 days. The following list may provide you with even more incentive to consider reaching out for some much needed digital marketing help. I’m guesing you will be able to relate to at least a few of the reasons below. Buckle up!
- Your Social Media Manager has a “Deer-in-the-headlights” look every time someone mentions ROI in a meeting.
- Your sales people complain that your marketing department couldn’t generate a good lead if their lives depended on it.
- Your marketing people are convinced that your sales people couldn’t even close a door.
- You don’t have a blog on your website because someone in your company said it was a waste of time. (or because nobody wants to write and those that do can’t write well)
- No one in your company can tell you which pages on your website are the high value pages and why.
- Occasionally you see a burst of leads from your website but no one can tell you exactly why.
- The only lead capture form on your website is on the “Contact Us” page.
- Your spending time and money on social media and people are telling you that things are going great because you have lots of fans, likes and followers.
- The most recent post on your blog was two months ago.
- Your last five blog posts didn’t get more than 10 social shares combined.
- You can’t remember when you got a lead from your blog.
- You stopped using email for marketing about the time that AOL fell out of favor.
- The last time anyone in your company sent an email to your prospect list turned out to be an accident.
- You’ve tried generating leads and sales using paid search through Google AdWords and the most memorable thing about it was the huge hit to your credit card.
If you can relate to one or more items on that list, you’re in good company. Many successful business owners and marketing professionals are having trouble keeping up with the pace of digital marketing because at times it seems all consuming and that’s because it is!
You owe it to yourself to get an outside assement of your digital marketing efforts.